Investigator Initiated Research Grant Request
IMPORTANT: Effective April 8, 2013, Baxter BioScience Grants will no longer accept U.S. investigator initiated research grant submissions via email.
We are currently interested in supporting research in the following areas:
All materials submitted through this website are done so on a non-confidential basis.
By submitting your materials to Baxter for review, you understand that they will not be treated as confidential or proprietary. It is necessary to refer a submission to a number of different persons in the Company to ascertain whether or not a proposal is of interest. Thus we can assume no obligation to keep it confidential.
Please submit all of the following documents.
- Include a cover letter on the requesting institution's letterhead.
- US Only: Complete and sign the current W-9 Form, with address and information of the Institution/Organization for which payment would be issued.
- Non-US Only: If all services will be performed outside of U.S territory, please state in the cover letter on your institution's letterhead that "No work will be performed on U.S. territory".
- Include the curriculum vitae of the Principal Investigator, including a list of principle investigator's publications.
- Include a detailed study budget for the entire project, and the funding amount requested from Baxter. If multiple supporters are involved, please indicate other funding entities. Baxter is not the sponsor of the study and assumes no obligations as the study sponsor.
NOTE: Study budgets without specific line-item details will not be accepted and will delay the review process.
- Administrative Overhead
Baxter Healthcare Corporation ("Baxter") awards grants to provide monetary and/or study product support for investigator-initiated research involving Baxter products. Study grants may be given to support discoveries in areas of therapeutic relevance to Baxter that are designed to answer legitimate scientific questions in areas such as: Product efficacy, Safety and Pharmacoeconomics and healthcare related outcomes. To ensure that Baxter is in a position to consider funding those studies that meet the strategy above during a calendar year, Baxter is not able to consider administrative overheads in excess of twenty-five percent (25%).
- Include a copy of your complete study protocol for conducting this study.
- If patient samples are used, please include in your protocol IRB, informed consent, and ethical handling issues.
- List any pertinent references required to substantiate your research request.
Click here for Application Deadlines. If you have questions or need further assistance, please contact a member of our Grants Department at Contact Us.
Research grants approved by the BioScience Scientific Review Council typically range from $5,000 to $125,000; requests exceeding this amount must demonstrate exceptional qualities and address critically important medical issues.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
Should you have questions regarding our program, please review the Research Grant FAQs.
Download a brochure
Download the latest version of the brochure for BioScience Grants.
To learn more about Baxter's BioScience business, please visit the Baxter website.
You will need the free Adobe Reader to view files
on this page.